Friday, July 23, 2010

You're so strong-ish.

Lads. Lassies. About a month ago, my favorite show, a little ditty I like to call "Party Down," was cancelled. Starz and I are currently on the outs because of this situation. That bitch.
If you haven't seen the show, please, resort to your Netflix accounts and instant watch the crap out of---oh. Wait a minute. Starz removed Party Down from Instant Watch also. Where insult meets injury, Starz thrives.

Okay, all bitterness aside, I'm due for another top 5 performance list, and I'm using Party Down's cancellation as an excuse to make the subject of that top 5 list Martin Starr. But who am I kidding? You love him, I love him, even my father adores this fella. I've been ready to make this list for some time.

Put that Hard Sci-fi novel down, shampoo that beard, and steer clear of all peanut products...
The countdown time is: Now.

5. Simon.






"You're really hard to talk to. I think you should know that."











4. Martin.





"Oh, another beard joke. Fuckin' hilarious."










3. Joel.

"What's the point of being an artist or writer anyway? Hermann Melville wrote fuckin' Moby Dick, he was so poor and forgotten about by the time he died that in his obituary they called him Henry Melville. You know, like, why bother? They're just going to forget our fucking names anyway."








2. Roman DeBeers.









"Magnicifent!" (No. Not enough. Roman needs some clips.)




1. Bill Haverchuck.







"It wasn't the sound of Vinyl squeaking. It was the sound of cheese being cut."

(Also-not enough.)



There you have it. The man can do no wrong. I get increasingly excited to see his next career move. Maybe a little bit of writing, Mr. Starr? Yes please.

Tell me, folks. What are YOUR favorite Martin Starr performances? I am interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment